Shutterstock is developing AI-based business solutions. Let’s look at the new AI generated image feature Zoom Out, which offers image editing capabilities.
When customers request a product update or new feature, Shutterstock.AI delivers. Our AI image generator has rolled out a new Zoom Out feature. It’s a first step in enhancing our own generative technology, while also making AI image generation more accessible for everyday use at work.
Shutterstock’s generative AI tool has been available for over a month now. During that time, we’ve regularly received feedback from users that goes like this:
- “This image is phenomenal, but it feels like the sides have been cut off.”
- “The subject of the picture isn’t fully in the frame.”
- “I could not get it to generate a full length image of a wood elf. It was always way too zoomed in. I wish there was a way to zoom OUT.”
In response to this feedback, we are thrilled to announce the launch of our Zoom Out feature. Using Zoom Out is simple. In just a single click, AI generates three new images, each independently zoomed out to a different distance.
Sometimes, the slightly zoomed out version of the image will be perfect for headshots or interior scenes. Sometimes, the more zoomed images will give better results, like for cityscapes or abstract illustrations.
We’re excited for our customers to experiment with this tool and see how it makes their creative workflows more fruitful and efficient.
We’ve written before how AI assists creative thinkers in their work processes, and we think tools like this will make that more true than ever.
Let’s take a look at the details of Zoom Out, how it’s advancing generative AI editing, and how it’s making our customers’ work a little easier.
What Is Zoom Out in Shutterstock’s Generative AI Tool?
Imagine you’re using Shutterstock’s AI image generator and you create a nearly perfect image . . . but there’s a problem. The view of this image is zoomed in too closely. Instead, you’d like to zoom out a bit.
With this new release, you can click a Zoom Out icon, and our AI will generate three new takes on that image. Each of these three new images will show the original image contents at different levels.
Here’s a look at how it works:
- Describe your image by entering text into our AI image generator.
- Hover over your desired image result and click the Zoom Out icon on its lower-right corner.
- Wait just a few seconds. The AI will generate three new takes of your selected image, all at various levels of zooming out.
- See one you like? Simply license it! You’re ready to import it into your next project, which you can jump start quickly in Shutterstock Create.
The exciting new ability to zoom out with AI offers customers even more opportunities to create with confidence using Shutterstock products.
Greater creative freedom and flexibility are both available, as AI can instantly customize your images to better fit your vision and project needs.
Simply type text into the generative tool, then zoom out. Just click a button and you’ll get new images, with this first-of-its kind AI editor.
Can Zoom Out Be Used in Your Work?
The simple answer here is, “Yes!”
Updates to our generative AI tools—along with our entire creative suite—are super practical, purposeful, and easy to use right away.
In fact, generative and editing AI boost business results. They help creatives explore new ideas. Processes are simplified. Workflows are sped up because of these technologies.
No matter what industry you’re in, that sounds pretty great, right?
Part of AI’s power is that it can generate hundreds of new ideas in the time it’d take a person to dream up just a few. This capability speeds up the front-end of creative processes, from idea generation to storyboarding.
Of course, Shutterstock’s generative AI produces detailed, ready-to-use images too, which frees up staff to focus on other high-value tasks. Thanks to the new Zoom Out feature, perfect images can be crafted more quickly than ever before.
Use AI to Design Creatives and Test Marketing Concepts
So, how can an AI picture generator do all this? Let’s take a look at how Shutterstock’s latest features enhance creative processes and deliverables.
- Generate hundreds of creative concepts quickly, then select the best ones to base your own visual work on.
- Perfect your generated image, and find the exact image you’d like, in just a few clicks. The Zoom Out feature makes it easy to find the perfect focal length for your images.
- Explore AI images to inspire your own ideas. A generator may create new and interesting concepts you hadn’t thought of before. Use them for inspiration!
- Experiment with photo compositions and layouts before taking actual photos. You may find that an unexpected zoom level is just what your social ads, flyers, or posts needed!
- Test various iterations on the same concept. Zoom Out creates four different views of the same image concept. This means you can test different views of an image with audiences.
- Shorten timelines with a super-speedy AI image generator. Project schedules can be completed more quickly . . . or they can have a little more breathing room.
- Save money on design by importing AI images into easy-to-use project templates. By generating and editing images on Shutterstock, you won’t have to find money for actual photo shoots or design processes.
License this image via Shutterstock.AI.
Incorporate AI into Your Work Today
As stated, generative AI gives creative thinkers more freedom and flexibility to bring their visions to life. New features, like Zoom Out, are answering requests from Shutterstock’s customers to make their workflows and processes easier than ever.
Generative AI is enhancing the marketing and design industries. It will only continue to evolve.
New capabilities—like AI editing and video generation—are just on the horizon, and we can’t wait to deliver them to our customers.
For now, though, Zoom Out is the latest, greatest feature that’s ready to make you a better creative.
Ready to try Zoom Out? Have some fun while generating new, custom images right now. . .