Ricoh announced today that it will be bring the GR III Diary Edition to a wider customer base. The camera was previously released as part of a limited edition bundle of 2,000 units worldwide in January 2023, which was packaged with a leather hand strap, ring cap, metallic hot shoe cover, a sailcloth case and branded as a ‘Special Limited Kit.’
At the time Ricoh had also announced that it would release a standalone GR III Diary Edition without the additional items sometime in the Spring. Ricoh has now updated us with more details and set a date of mid-April 2023 for the release of the standalone version.
The Ricoh GR III Diary Edition is a variant of the standard GR III, using the same 28mm equiv. F2.8 lens, 24MP APS-C sensor with 3-axis image stabilization and phase detection autofocus. The differences between the standard GR III and this edition lies in a metallic gray finished body instead of a black body, addition of silver accents around the lens and a photo mode that mimics the look of color negative film.
The camera will be available in mid-April 2023 for the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $1019.95.
Ricoh announces RICOH GR III Diary Edition
Limited-edition, premium digital compact camera features a metallic, warm-gray finish.
PARSIPPANY, NJ, April 5, 2023 – Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation today announced the RICOH GR III Diary Edition. Previously released only as a part of the RICOH GR III Diary Edition Special Limited Kit, the camera can now be purchased on its own. This striking variation of the RICOH GR III premium digital compact camera features a metallic, warm-gray finished body accentuated with a natural-silver ring cap.
The RICOH GR III Diary Edition camera will be available in mid-April 2023 at www.us.ricoh-imaging.com as well as at Ricoh Imaging-authorized retail outlets for the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $1,019.95.
Main features of the RICOH GR III Diary Edition
- The metallic, warm-gray color and textured surface of the RICOH GR III Diary Edition camera body are designed to reflect the camera’s reliability and quality, with the textured finish also ensuring a firm grip. The attractive finish also gives the camera an appearance that it is more than an imaging tool, as the warm color helps the camera “blend” easily into daily life. The grip rubber has a dark-brown finish that complements the camera body. When mounted, the ring cap with a natural-silver finish, accentuates the warm-toned camera body.
- The camera features a new image-control mode for creating photos that appear as if they originated on negative film.* It recreates unique visual effects, balancing rich colors with the discoloration found in prints produced using negative film.
- In another new feature, the camera displays the number of images captured each day, the total number of recorded images, and the firmware version just before its power is shut off.*
* These functions are identical with those featured by the RICOH GR III Diary Edition Special Limited Kit. They are also available for GR III- and GR IIIx-series models with the installation of function expansion firmware released on January 20, 2023.
- When the camera’s power is turned off, the RICOH GR III Diary Edition displays an original shut-down screen featuring an embossed product logo against a fabric-textured background in a color similar to the camera body finish.
Note: The camera’s other specifications are identical with those of the standard GR III model.