Something a little different in terms of layout this week!
Here’s your challenge description:
Welcome to the #dPSImpressionist photo challenge, where we invite you to explore the world through the lens of impressionist photography. In this challenge, we encourage you to capture fleeting moments, transforming reality into a canvas of colors and emotions. (You’ll find some great tips to help, here)
- Blur the Lines: Embrace the beauty of blur! Experiment with intentional camera movement or use a shallow depth of field to create dreamy, impressionistic effects.
- Play with Light: Seek out scenes where light dances and plays. Capture the interplay of light and shadow to add depth and dimension to your images.
- Vibrant Colors: Channel the spirit of the impressionist painters by infusing your photos with vibrant, bold colors. Look for scenes that evoke emotion through the use of a rich color palette.
- Natural Scenes: Explore nature as your canvas. Whether it’s a blooming garden, a tranquil forest, or a flowing river, find inspiration in the natural world.
- Reflective Surfaces: Experiment with reflective surfaces like water or glass to create mesmerizing reflections that add an ethereal quality to your photos.
- Everyday Moments: Capture the ordinary in an extraordinary way. Look for mundane scenes and transform them into captivating impressions through your lens.
- Movement and Action: Freeze a moment in time or allow movement to paint a dynamic picture. Whether it’s the swaying of trees, the rush of a crowd, or the flutter of wings, let movement be your brushstroke.
- Abstract Elements: Embrace abstraction by focusing on patterns, textures, and shapes. Challenge viewers to see the world in a different light.
- Number of Entries: Submit up to three of your best impressionist photographs.
- Caption: Provide a brief caption for each photo, sharing the inspiration or story behind your creative choices.
- Technical Details: Optionally, include information on your camera settings or any post-processing techniques used to achieve the impressionistic effects.
Make sure you include the hashtags #dPSWeeklyChallenge and #dPSImpressionist in your post, here in the comments or over on social media. You can tag us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!
Simply upload your shot into the comment field (look for the little camera icon in the Disqus comments section) and they’ll get embedded for us all to see or if you’d prefer, upload them to your favourite photo-sharing site and leave the link to them. Show me your best images in this week’s challenge. Sometimes it takes a while for an image to appear so be patient and try not to post the same image twice.
Share in the dPS Facebook Group
You can also share your images in the dPS Facebook group as the challenge is posted there each week as well.
Let your imagination run wild, and may your photos speak the language of impressions! Good luck!
Don’t miss a challenge
Enter your Email adress and be notified when a new challenge is released